[78-L] Does anybody know whether it is possible to make a 78 rpm record that could be play on an acoustic phonograph?

Martin Strauss martin at ockle.org.invalid
Mon Nov 14 12:20:11 PST 2016

I've wondered this question myself; the best my research has been able to
turn up is the following advertisement:
https://www.smooth-on.com/tutorials/mold-and-cast-a-record-that-plays/

Also, for the right price ($275 for a one-sided 10" 78),
http://www.customrecords.com/ claims to be able to manufacture 78s that can
be played on an acoustic phonograph, although when I enquired as to their
technique, the only reply was "that’s all proprietary knowledge – sorry".

I'd be very interested in hearing what anyone else finds out.

Martin

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 at 14:39 Thomas Stern <sternth at attglobal.net.invalid>