[78-L] Happy Birthday

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Mon Aug 15 12:16:14 PDT 2016

What's a hit, and what isn't? And back in the 30's - where were the hit
lists published? UK hit lists? German hit lists? French hit lists?
Japanese hit lists? I guess it's more comfortable to try to find the
earliest now living recording artist. Up till now I thought it was
Danish violinist Svend Asmussen (turned a 100 earlier this year) who
first recorded in 1934. But Rose-Marie seems to beat him with two years,
no matter her age in 1932. But these record lists are always preliminary
- they depend on who's on line here at the moment. Kristjan

On 2016-08-15 12:53, kil at roadrunner.com.invalid wrote:
> Happy 93rd birthday to (Baby) Rose Marie. She made this 78 at age 7,
> according to the label.
> http://www.popsike.com/11-78-RPM-BABY-ROSE-MARIE-VICTOR-22960/120634397807.html
> The label scan shows the "B" side. The "A" side, SAY THAT YOU WERE
> TEASING ME was a hit in 1932. FWIW, Joel Whitburn says she is the last
> living pre-WWII hitmaker. RayK

---