[78-L] Benny Goodman

Dave Burnham burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Sun Jun 26 13:20:53 PDT 2016

My wife was Jewish and when her parents were around, I'd hear one of them ask the other if Dave was around; when the other said, "yes, he's in the kitchen", that would be the last word I'd understand, they'd switch to Yiddish.

Actually I can't remember them saying "is Dave around?", it was more likely "is the noodnik around". Never did find out what it meant but I don't think it was a compliment, nor a Russian satellite.

db

Sent from my iPhone