[78-L] Stokowski, speaker Victor 6725

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Tue May 31 11:00:07 PDT 2016

For years I've owned a copy of Victor Musical Masterpiece M-22, Franck's
Symphony in D minor by Philadelphia Orchestra and Stokowski, and never
understood why there was a vacant sleeve when the entire Symphony was
present - until I looked it up on the DAHR site and discovered the missing
disc.

http://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/objects/detail/42380/Victor_6725

It seems ol' Stoki gave a little talk about this tune and it was the first
disc in the album at one time, since the music was all there I never really
missed it.  Says it's a double faced record, but only one master number
shows, so I'm guessing it's a single face with spiders on the back.

So now the curiosity is getting to me.

Anybody got this on mp3 you can share with a curious old cat?

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles