[78-L] OT(?): Big Band leaders as pianists

Rodger Holtin 78-L rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Dec 8 20:05:44 PST 2015

And I'll make a pitch for Frankie Carle. His two different settings of Turkish Rondo each named Carle Meets Mozart are favorites of mine. He did one under Horace Heidts name and the other under his own.  Not in the same class as Waller but better than Duchin IMHO.

Probably among the most respected piano playing band leaders has to be Claude Thornhill.

Sent from my iPhone, which explainz any bad typjng and nonsensical word choices.

>>> 78-L at klickitat.78online.com