[78-L] Resonance

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Nov 26 10:31:21 PST 2015

On 26/11/15 18:03, David Lennick wrote:
> Don't think anyone mentioned the Andrews Sisters OR Glenn Miller. Instantly recognizable, and to two generations, the only standout names from the 40s.
> Plus any reference to Wizard of Oz.
> dl

==========
I did mention Miller, and I considered the Andrews Sisters. I also
considered Calloway, but doubt if he's that much known today, apart from
his voice on "The Jungle Book", along with Phil Harris and Louis Prima.
We would also have to consider Cliff Edwards ("When You Wish Upon A
Star") and Val Rosing ("Teddy Bears' Picnic"), even if few would know
their names today. Mel Blanc's is still a famous voice, but again few
would recognise his name.

Composers who wrote Christmas songs (Berlin's "White Christmas") and Mel
Torme ("The Christmas Song").

      Julian Vein
.