[78-L] OT Stereo placement

Joe Salerno jsalerno at collector.org.invalid
Thu Nov 26 08:11:42 PST 2015

Julian,

I dont believe it does. The main influence for myself would be the
placement of instruments within the orchestra on stage. So 1st violins
on left, celli and contrabases on the right, except for those conductors
who like the European method of placing 2nd violins on the right. I
encounter this rarely in the US. I wonder how conductors who perform on
both sides of the pond resolve this. Do European audiences expect
violins split L/R, or not?

Joe Salerno