[78-L] Surviving dance orchestra vocalists

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Wed Sep 16 09:30:13 PDT 2015

Besides the five already mentioned, and depending on when you consider the
end of the Big Band Era, here are five more:
Kitty Kallen (Jan Savitt, Artie Shaw, Jack Teagarden, Jimmy Dorsey, Harry
James)
Gloria DeHaven (Jan Savitt, Bob Crosby, Guy Lombardo)
Joan Leslie (Jimmy Dorsey)
Kaye Ballard (Spike Jones)
Ed Ames (Russ Morgan)
There are a few others who sang during the Big Band Era, but as far as I can
determine, no connections to big bands.
RayK

From: Julian Vein
Kay Starr and Doris Day (just!)