[78-L] Older musicians

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net.invalid
Sat Apr 4 07:45:19 PDT 2015

Often, loosing ones lip is the result of a layoff from playing and
practicing at an advanced age.  As one gets older you have to keep
practicing to maintain muscle tone, elasticity and endurance and 'lip" is
all about those things.   Doc Cheatham once opined to me that the reason
Louis Armstrong did not play much as he aged was that he got too sick to
keep practicing.

Ron L