[78-L] Older musicians

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Fri Apr 3 14:23:03 PDT 2015

This is halfway off-topic; still I think the 78 list is where to ask the
question, because many of the artists we deal with have had long careers
and many of us list members have genuine knowledge of making music, not
only listening to it.
So here's my question: do you know of any particular strategies for
older musicians to compensate for playing/ singing techniques that are
more difficult to use when getting older? I can think of singers who
chose to omit certain high notes, others who find that their vibrato
sounds more restrained and are more careful to use it, instrumentalists
who choose alternative ways of holding the bow or playing a difficult
passage on the piano etc. Any example would be appreciated.
Kristjan

---