[78-L] Question for opera collectors

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com.invalid
Thu Mar 19 12:56:54 PDT 2015

My collection focuses on dance bands of the 1922 - 40 era but I have many
other kinds of 78s as well.

Last year I purchased the complete Aida (my fave opera) on 18  lovely 12"
blue wax Columbias...by The Milan Symphony and various singers,  none of
whom I knew by name.

Couple of questions:

1.   Were these issued in an album,  as was the case with most such
classical record sets?

2.    When were they recorded?

3.    What was the original issue?  I'm assuming it was first issued in
Europe but that's just a guess.

Thanks for any info.  BTW the records are all sweet and shiny copies,  at
least E+.

Taylor B.