[78-L] uploading 78s to youtube: about 600 so far

Robert Godridge rgodridge1 at gmail.com.invalid
Wed Mar 4 11:21:36 PST 2015

Well, I use youtube because people do look for records there.
I have been contacted by someone who knows a relative of one of the
singers on my channel, so people must be looking there for them.
I do agree with you though David, I avoided doing this for years but
at the end of the day it is a good way to make records available, even
if it is a bit of overkill using a video service for some 100 year old
recordings.

I collect audio of 78s as well as the discs themselves, a lot of my
audio files come from youtube. yes, the audio is crummy, but these are
78s we're talking about! most of my uploads are from 64k mp3 files, I
can't hear the difference with a 64k and 320k mp3 of a 78 and doubt
many people can, and if you want a record of mine in better quality
don't hesitate to contact me for a stereo wav file.
Rob