[78-L] Wandering Minstrel on Masterpiece

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com.invalid
Tue Feb 24 10:20:39 PST 2015

I don't often get stumped, but this one has me so. When I was a kid I had a green label Masterpiece 78 -- supposedly of Musicraft make -- of some, uncredited somebody singing "A Wan'dring Minstrel I" from The Mikado, probably titled "Wandering Minstrel" on the label. But I cannot find it in any listing or discography. Kenny Baker is supposed to have made a record of it in 1939 that was released on Victor. Perhaps it was this version? And has anyone here encountered such a record? Thanks,

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com