[78-L] ^what archival really means

Dave Burnham burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Mon Feb 9 21:38:55 PST 2015

I don't know if you're still talking  about "archival" or "Broadcast quality", but the latter term needed specific measurements; DVDs were "better than broadcast quality", not every disc by a long shot, but the format itself at its best was capable of higher resolution than broadcast TV.

Regular audio CDs are easily capable of frequency response, distortion measurements and noise levels far in excess of even the finest FM transmissions. Broadcast transmissions, audio or video, have to adhere to strict limitations of bandwidth where as recorded media can go far beyond these limitations. So once again, "broadcast quality" is very specific and not a particularly high quality to strive for.

db

Sent from my iPhone

>>> 78-L at klickitat.78online.com