[78-L] experimental Victor electric?

Iñigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Feb 2 08:54:52 PST 2015

I also encourage writing to DAHR. They take notice of things, and even they
answer with thanks, some weeks later. I suppose they are at hard work.
I also notified them a couple of times about different takes than reported
on certain Kreisler / Heifetz Victor recordings pressed by european HMVs
(spanish, english). My copies showed different take numbers than those
reported at DAHR/EDVR sheets, so I wrote them.
Still I have detected some more differences, but I go very slowly dating my
collection...
Also I reported some special feature in the label of my HMV copy of Jos.
Belmont "The Birds and The Brook". My copy is something like... an american
Victor pressing made for the european G&T Co., but an exact replica of any
european black label G&T... showing a legend that the pressing is expressly
made by the Victor Company of Camden for the G&T Co. (Gramophone Concert
Record G.C.-9368).

Cubillo - Spain