[78-L] Heeeeere's Vince!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Sun Feb 1 15:01:49 PST 2015

February ~ March 2015
Grammy Award Winner
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Please opt-IN to receive our periodic schedule updates by clicking HERE

Sorry we had to cancel last week at Iguana due to the blizzard warning.
Hope to see you sometime soon!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mondays & Tuesdays
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Iguana NYC
Tex-Mex Restaurant on Second Floor
240 W. 54th Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue), New York, NY 10019
$20. Cash cover charge at the door + $20. Food / Drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.765.5454 - doors open at 7:00pm
http://www.iguananyc.com/special-events/

Tuesday, March 17th
May the luck of the Irish & you be with us on St. Patrick's Day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, February 8th
3:00pm - 5:00pm
Essex Winter Series
PRESENTS
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
In concert playing Hot Jazz of the 1920s & '30s
Valley Regional High School, 256 Kelsey Hill Road, Deep River, CT 06417
Phone orders are accepted until 5 pm on the Saturday before each concert.
Please call (860) 272-4572, and leave your name and phone number, and we will
return your call and take your ticket order. Telephone orders are paid by
credit card.
http://www.essexwinterseries.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday, February 14th
Valentine’s Day
The Rainbow Room
PRESENTS
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
Phone in your reservation to celebrate with us at the iconic
Rainbow Room for an unforgettable evening in the legendary, world class
restaurant renown for romance, fabulous views, dining to a special five-course
menu & dancing cheek to cheek to your favorite big band swing, Latin, waltz,
cha-cha, merengue and the beautiful sounds of the great American songbook, both
pop and jazz from the 1920’s, ‘30s and ‘40s.
Call 212.632.5000 to make your reservation.
http://www.rainbowroom.com/dining-entertainment/holiday-dining/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks

We’re proud to announce that our CD:

BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Volume 1 – Music from the HBO Original Series

GRAMMY award-winner for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!

CD's available: $17. each including postage within USA:

1. Quality Shout

2. Cheek to Cheek

3. Cotton Club Revisited

4. Goldkette Project

5. The Aviator – Movie Soundtrack

6. Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits

7. Its D'Lovely – the music of Cole Porter

8. Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series

9. Boardwalk Empire – Volume Two: Music from the HBO Original Series

10. NEW! Boardwalk Empire – Volume Three: Music from the HBO Original Series

****

10. The Birth of Rhapsody in Blue - $23.

Mail checks to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230

Please make payable to "Vince Giordano"

Order Online: www.vincegiordano.com/music

Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.

Have you heard about

"Vince Giordano - There's a Future in the Past"?

It's a feature documentary in the making by Hudson West Productions, all about
the Nighthawks!

If you haven't already done so, please donate if you are able.

All contributions are tax-deductible!

Write check to Hudson West Productions, 6 Glengary Rd., Croton On Hudson, NY 10520

Watch the many clips already created by clicking on this link~

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vince-giordano-there-s-a-future-in-the-past

Nighthawks in the News:

Theater Pizzazz

http://www.theaterpizzazz.com/summer-town-hall-broadway-porter-bernstein/

The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/26/arts/music/michael-feinstein-and-company-celebrate-vintage-jazz.html?_r=0

Jazz Times
http://jazztimes.com/articles/126556-rhapsody-in-blue-at-90

Interview on WQXR: Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.wqxr.org/#!/story/concert-recreate-rhapsody-blue-premiere-90th-anniversary/

Wall Street Journal

http://tinyurl.com/mcrnkgk

The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/nyregion/big-band-lover-has-a-second-houseful-of-old-songs.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

The Telegraph – in the UK

    http://tinyurl.com/lh337dc

My Central Jersey

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014302090026&nclick_check=1

Brooklyn Eagle

http://tinyurl.com/oz9aqlw

In a Blog:

http://jeanzimmerman.com/2014/02/13/rapture-in-blue/

Terry Gross on NPR’s FRESH AIR on November 6th, 2013 ~

Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/06/243483782/vince-giordano-the-fresh-air-interview