[78-L] Heartaches and Decca 25000s

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Sun Jan 11 20:17:10 PST 2015

Hmmm...if it was the Bluebird, there must be a hot pocket of those rare
Bluebirds scattered in the Carolinas.  Looking at Ty's site, looks like
25000-25130 were a mix of singles and albums, all 1942 or before.  Starting
at 25131 is 1945+ stuff.  I have album A-514, 'Cowboy Songs' by Bing, with
25000-25003, and the cover says Copyright 1946, which may be a clue or an
anachronistic red herring (it may be the cover only).

Paging Doc Biel - I think he knows the Heartaches story better than anyone.
I know he's waxed eloquently about it here before.  Somebody check facebook,
I'm going to bed.

Rodger