[78-L] Custom Cut Vinyl Records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Tue Jan 6 16:54:36 PST 2015

I remember a record store that had a cutter in the late 50s and they showed me
cuts they'd made on some kind of plastic disc. Definitely not lacquer. Anyone
know what these might have been? I think the discs had a raised rim.

More recently there are "dub plates" which are one-off vinyls recorded on a lathe.

dl