[78-L] Reginald Foort, organist

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Thu Jan 1 15:48:12 PST 2015

Not my usual kind of stuff, but I have had the 1939 Victor 26225 of
Finlandia by Reginald Foort ("Recorded in Europe on his Giant Moller Concert
Organ)" since I was a kid and recently digitized it and have been enjoying
it again this afternoon.  It must have been quite a challenge to record in
those days.  Sounds pretty good today.  Knowing a little about him via Wiki,
it would seem this may have been made in England.  The first tip-off is the
matrix in the runout OER333 and OER334.  Also had Roman numeral II and a
square, both sides.

Anybody tell me when/where this may have been made?  Original issue?

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles