[78-L] (Opinion Piece) The Strings of Salerno

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Mon Dec 8 20:44:08 PST 2014

There was also...
George Melacrino
Camarata
Acquaviva
Liberace
Al Caiola
Henry Mancini
RayK

From: Malcolm Rockwell
Anyhow, I decided to see if there were any well known Italian orchestra
leaders, orchestrators or arrangers charting this kind of sound, just to
justify and bolster my odd sense of humor.

Nope. Without the originator (Annunzio Mantovanni - and the "cascading
strings" sound was actually invented by orchestrator Ronnie Binge!)
there's not a one. I take that back, Don Costa was also Italian. I am
less sure about various other orchestrator/arrangers.