[78-L] Schweitzer and Bach 1935

Gene Baron gene.baron at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Nov 22 17:04:45 PST 2014

Hello all,

I have started reading 'Reinventing Bach' by Paul Elie.  It looks to be
very interesting and well-researched, and he starts out by recounting the
Bach recordings made in December 1935 by Albert Schweitzer at the Church of
All Hallows in London.  He describes the recording team standing by with
their "wax cylinder" recording equipment -- I did not know that cylinders
were used so late in mobile recording.  Assuming he is correct about this,
how long was it before cylnders went out of use for recording?  Thanks.

Gene
gene.baron at gmail.com