[78-L] Acker Bilk

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Nov 3 09:56:25 PST 2014

I was looking for the only record by Bilk that I have--an EP on Nixa. As
I was searching I came across a Count Basie EP of "Miss Thing" and "The
World Is Mad" on Philips. I had previously been looking for these
titles, which I thought I had on a Philips 10" LP., and had failed to
find. I enjoy "Miss Thing" because it contains the only solo by Harry
Edison that I like. Anyway, I played the "The World Is Mad", arranged by
Andy Gibson, and was surprised to hear great chunks of Duke's
"Diminuendo And Crescendo" incorporated into it.

Perhaps this is alluded to on the Mosaic Basie-Young set?

      Julian Vein