[78-L] problem receiving list postings (continued)

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com.invalid
Wed Oct 8 19:06:48 PDT 2014

No...I get emails often from addresses which I know but which are clearly
not from the real person.  It's easy to "harvest" email addresses off line
and for scammers to disguise their own emails but using a fake return.

A while ago a number of my fellow booksellers received messages purporting
to be from one of our colleagues...it was the tired old gag of being in some
far away country and losing the wallet and needing some money to check out
of the hotel,  etc.  Whoever used my friend's email and name could have
gotten it easily almost anywhere...no need to hijack anything!

Taylor