[78-L] Songs about love - pre 1945

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Sat Oct 4 17:53:45 PDT 2014

I don't see how VAGABOND LOVER from 1929 qualifies for your list from the
Big Band Era.
If it does, I would suggest LAST NIGHT ON THE BACK PORCH.
IT'S LOVE LOVE LOVE is fine, coming out in early 1944.
There are scores of others to consider, so I boiled my list down to just 20,
all from 1935-1945.

ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE
DON'T SIT UNDER THE APPLE TREE
FRENESI
THE GLORY OF LOVE
I DON'T WANT TO WALK WITHOUT YOU
I LEFT MY HEART AT THE STAGE DOOR CANTEEN
I'M NOBODY'S BABY
I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN
IF I LOVED YOU
IT'S A SIN TO TELL A LIE
THE OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION
ONLY FOREVER
PEOPLE WILL SAY WE'RE IN LOVE
SKYLARK
THANKS FOR THE MEMORY
THIS LOVE OF MINE
WHAT'S THE REASON I'M NOT PLEASIN' YOU
WHO WOULDN'T LOVE YOU
WHY DON'T YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH ME
YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU
RayK

From: rjh334578gmail
List time again...
Academic request came in asking me to come up with a couple dozen
tunes from the big band era of songs about love, in various facets of
same, and be prepared to speak about a few of them.  (Handy that I can
use this for a show playlist, too.)
Love need not be in the title
True, False, Unrequited etc
As Time Goes By
What is this Thing Called Love
All of Me
Til the End of Time
Love for Sale
Little White Lies
Vagabond Lover
Got some favorites ya wanna throw at me?