[78-L] QRS 100007

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Thu Aug 14 12:22:26 PDT 2014

Okay... I'm putting the word out that I am now the proud owner of QRS
100007, a hitherto unknown record in an undocumented series recorded and
manufactured by SPC (Starr Piano Company). I believe it to be the sole
known example of this series. That's not to say that some collector out
does not have a closet full of them but I've never seen one before and
have found no mention of the series in any publication of the day or in
any current discography.
Here are the particulars from the labels:

Schepp and Schuckert - Concertina duet
rec. Richmond, IN    02/27/24
11777        Mazur Kuba Jurek        Ge 5414A, QRS 100007A
11781        Bartoszu Bartoszu Polka        Ge 5414B, QRS 100007B

Dick Spottswood notes mxes 11773 - 11782 in his Ethnic Music
discography, but no QRS issues. Since there are at least six more
records preceding 100007, it is no leap of intuition that says that
other recordings in this series may well be by Schepp & Schuckert as well.

Anyone wanting label scans please contact me off list.
Best,
Malcolm