[78-L] Edison Sleeve Notes

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Mon Jul 28 16:18:20 PDT 2014

On 7/28/2014 2:58 PM, Ryan Barna wrote:
> The Recording Division papers at the Edison site has the notes for the
> Diamond Disc sleeves in folders. Unfortunately with so much moving around
> in the last few years I misplaced my prinouts of the Recording Division
> file inventory, but I saw them there. The notes collection appeared to be
> either complete or near complete. However, I have not spoken to the
> archivist Leonard DeGraaf in years, so I'm not aware of any plans to
> digitize certain holdings. They can be photocopied but I'm sure the fees
> would be pretty steep to copy every one of them (and a staff member has to
> do it).
>
> But I can tell you what folders they're in if I can find my inventory (or
> you can ask Lenny for the pdf). They're not filed as "Edison Diamond Disc
> sleeves," they're filed as something else, like "Advertising" for Diamond
> Discs (or similar), and arranged by catalog numbers.

I see images of records selling with sleeves all the time. I am sure
that those of us who have DD's either have some of them or wish they had
more. As mere holders (contrary to those of other makes) they are unique
due to their size, but moreso, each one has a snippet of interesting
data on it, making the record inside that much more meaningful.

I am a bit astounded that no one has started a database of sleeve notes.
What would you suggest that we could do to make an accessible source?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com