[78-L] Recording Quality - a relative term

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Mon Jul 7 20:22:51 PDT 2014

Interesting, because ARC was never highly regarded for technical quality. They
sold a two dollar record and reluctantly began doing stereo well after the
other labels, mostly because their customers weren't screaming for it and they
were making their money pressing the 101 Strings and other D. L. Miller product
for Canada. One time the cleaning lady unplugged the speakers and reconnected
them in reverse (or something) and the rest of a session was recorded out of
phase and issued that way. They were a huge country and folk label and did well
with an accordionist named Harry Hibbs, Maritime music in general, and they
released Anne Murray's first album.

dl