[78-L] Recording Quality - a relative term

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Jul 7 18:42:36 PDT 2014

You've swerved into the very situation that prompted my initial query on the
subject.  I work with a young man (34-35) who is an avid amateur musician,
has perfect pitch, plays almost anything, and listens to nearly everything.
We work for a software development company and spend a few hours every day
doing some repetitive/menial tasks that support the rest of our day, and
some days to stave off the boredom we break out the headphones and share
music with each other.  I made a CD for him of some stuff from the late
1950s/early 1960s, including the Boston Pops and some of those Glen Gray big
band remakes.  He raved about the quality of the recording and wanted to
know where I got them.  He thought they were new.