[78-L] Charlie Jackson?

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Mon Jun 23 13:19:19 PDT 2014

Looks like it might be the same musician. CJ was in Chicago recording
for Paramount when "Down By The Levee" and "She's Crying For Me" were
cut for Vocalion, also in Chicago. The tunes were issued in the US on Vo
1220 & 1252, respectively. I haven't dug up my copy and so can't tell
you whether it's a guitar or a banjo (or a guitar-banjo, for that
matter) being played.
Hmmm... no answers on the original post either... means it's common
knowledge that he was on the recording, or that everyone's over at
Facebook talking about spitting on their records.
That's far more fascinating than any nasty old 78 info.
Malcolm

*******