[78-L] Drunkard Song - Rudy Vallee

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Thu Jun 19 20:02:52 PDT 2014

He's sending up The Tattooed Lady as well. By the way, the Canadian issue of
the breakup didn't have the "Dear Rudy" label, just a regular batwing label.
And no composer credit, no "Tavern in the Town" subtitle, so you had to know
you which version was which. Both were issued in Canada.

I meant to put a question mark next to the reference to the Paramount Theatre.
Not certain where he was playing, but they were all pretty loopy, maybe into
the ohbejoyful, the song was first person feminine, and it just struck him as
ludicrous.

dl