[78-L] Drunkard Song - Rudy Vallee

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Thu Jun 19 18:01:18 PDT 2014

He wrote in My Time is Your Time that he was doing 4 or 5 shows a day (at the
Paramount), the band was just exhausted, the song was silly and the trumpet
player "made a face" and he just lost it. He did another take where he's
suppressing a laugh, and that was issued first, but the breakup version
wouldn't be held back. Different flip on each disc (I forget which has Lost in
a Fog, but I suspect it's on the non-breakup and thus rarer).

dl