[78-L] THE RACE IS ON

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org.invalid
Thu Jun 5 16:31:54 PDT 2014

Greetings from FixitLand!

On 5 Jun 2014, at 12:55 PM, Ray Kilcoyne wrote:

> In a little over two days we could have a rare triple crown winner.
> Have we ever compiled a list of horserace themed records?
> I’ve come up with......
> HORSES DON’T BET ON PEOPLE – Kay Kyser
> WILLIAM TELL OVERTURE – Spike Jones
> STEWBALL – Peter, Paul and Mary
> Any others?

First one that comes to mind here is PICK THE WINNER (Victor 24022, 25889), recorded in England and otherwise known as BACK YOUR FANCY (HMV B.4085).

I just stumbled across this page. There was an insert with the HMV record, with a "game card" and instructions!

http://www.45worlds.com/78rpm/record/b4085

Take care,

—
Joe
—
Cats: I've got 'em right where they want me.

--
*Celebrating 30 years of service.*