[78-L] "Not-quite-commercial": New items added to our library surplus sale

78-L Mail List 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
Wed May 7 03:17:06 PDT 2014

(Please forgive the cross-post/note I'm posting from my personal account
and thus it might flag up as a new address).

The following “paper” has been updated in our archive surplus sale list,
which can be seen at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3658245/ML/ML-Books%20%26%20Paper%20Surplus%20List.pdf

Various issues of: CODA (Canada’s Jazz Magazine); Jazzline (Official
Publication of the Victorian Jazz Club/Australia); Matrix (incorporating
The Discophile): Jazz Record Research Magazine; NOJC News (New Orleans Jazz
Club of Northern California & The Hot Music Society of San Francisco); The
Mississippi Rag (The Voice of Traditional Jazz & Ragtime); Vintage Jazz
Mart (VJM) and Record Dating Chart (Covering Labels Issued Prior to 1930)
(The Record Changer).

Plus the list has lots of catalogues, discographies, reference books and
magazines including ARSC Journal; British Institute of Recorded Sound
Bulletin; For the Record: the Journal of the City of London Phonograph &
Gramophone Society Ltd; The Journal of Music Theory; The Monthly Guide to
Recorded Music: a Critical Review of Recent Recordings; The Monthly Letter:
a Critical Review of Recent Recordings; NOTES (The Quarterly Journal of The
Music Library Association); Orkester Journalen/Orkester Journalen om Jazz
(Swedish); The Talking Machine Review; Record Research; Recorded Sound
(Journal of the British Institute of Recorded Sound); Sounds Vintage; The
Hillandale News (Journal of the City of London Phonograph Society) and lots
of individual issues of other titles covering topics like audio, blues,
jazz, opera, hi-fi… Even a lot of microfilms/projector & reel films should
that float your boat!

Prices in euros, excludes postage at cost, funds help keep Music Library
Finland ticking along and clears some space so that more boxes of unknown
goodies can be opened and sorted. Queries? Mail me, Darren at ingram.fi.
Items, obviously, are in Finland.

There is a LOT more items for sale too in all formats (phonograph
cylinders, gramophone records, transcriptions, CDs, cassettes and a list of
“links” for those can be seen at
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3658245/ML/Items%20for%20Sale.txt

Of course, please DO pass this around to your collector friends and
anywhere else. We need the space (rather a lot of stuff that's been sitting
here for years, never opened... hope no-one shipped a box of chocolates as
a gift with various packages).

Kind regards, Darren

¦ D P Ingram