[78-L] "Excessive bounces" messages

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Fri May 2 14:33:14 PDT 2014

To those people with Yahoo addresses whose mail has been getting bounced: are you reading your mail using Yahoo's web interface, or are you using a mail reader like Outlook or Windows Live Mail and downloading it to your machine? If it's the latter, the problem could be that your ISP is rejecting Yahoo mail when you try to download from Yahoo's POP server.

Yahoo's POP and SMTP settings are documented here:

https://ph.help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/pop-server-settings-sln4724.html?impressions=true

>No I am not getting all the messages, only a few.
>

>On Friday, May 2, 2014 1:50 PM, Rob Spencer <rspencer11 at charter.net> wrote:
>
>Are those of you who are getting messages regarding excessive bounces
>receiving list messages normally? I ask because it seems to me that the
>problem is that your ISPs are bouncing list messages back to the list
>server.

                       -        Jeff Lichtman
                                jeff at swazoo.com
                                Check out Swazoo Koolak Photography