[78-L] Johnnie Ray

RUSSELL BARNES r.barnes4 at btopenworld.com
Tue Apr 29 01:21:41 PDT 2014

Hello,

Way back in the 1950's I was a one night 'guard' for Johnnie Ray then appearing in the Winter Gardens Theatre, Bournemouth, (UK).

Not an easy man - somewhat non communicative.   He carried his hearing aid in his hands to the stage and just prior to 'curtain up' immediately placed the hearing section in one ear (I can't recall which) and removed it as swiftly when out of view of the audience.

RB
Dorset UK