[78-L] Help Tariff classification for records

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Fri Apr 25 19:16:15 PDT 2014

On 4/25/2014 7:54 PM, Jamie Kelly wrote:
> I'm trying to fill in a B374-Importdeclaration form for Customs in Australia
> because the package was valued by the seller over $1000Au and I can't find
> the Tariff classification type for records. Anyone know what it is?
> http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/Commonly_Imported_Goods.pd
>
> Any help much appreciated.

Looking through the list of publications here, under Schedule 5
http://www.customs.gov.au/tariff/tariff2012.asp#Schedule5

Listing this record as "Works of Art, Collector Pieces, Antiques"

I see on this list
http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/SCH4ApostMarch2013.pdf
that records should be classified as:

703

See item 3:
Goods, as prescribed by by law, that are:

(a) books, publications or documents to which
Annex A to the Educational, Scientific and
Cultural Materials Agreement, or Annex A to the
Educational, Scientific and Cultural Materials Protocol, applies;

or (b) visual or auditory materials to which Annex C to
the Educational, Scientific and Cultural Materials
Agreement, or Annex C.2 to the Educational,
Scientific and Cultural Materials Protocol, applies

The Educational, Scientific and Cultural Materials
Agreement and Protocol are defined in
subsection 3(1) of the Customs Tariff Act 1995

In other words, it should be free.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.