[78-L] Just curious... Returning broken records

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 14 09:58:07 PDT 2014

I've had a few broken records arrive through the years, but only one
dealer in France who flatly refused to believe that the records had been
broken due to his packing. He sent me a group of 12-inch RCA Program
Transcriptions, some shellac and others early vinyl. All the shellacs were
broken in half. Packed them in an Lp mailer with no cushioning. Claimed
that LPs don't break and when I explained about shellac and sent him pix
of the box and records, he said I must have stepped on them or something.

Dave Weiner