[78-L] Sirius/XM cancels 40s channel

Elizabeth McLeod lizmcl at midcoast.com
Fri Apr 4 12:14:39 PDT 2014

We use XM as background walk-in music at the theatre I manage, and this
Billy Joel debacle is the latest in a series of interruptions of the Channel
4 programming. They tell us it's temporary until June 26th, which is a bit
much even for people who actually like Billy Joel. I'm using the Sinatra
channel in its stead, but it's a weak substitute. A little Frankie goes a
long way for me.

There's a campaign going on on the Sirius XM Facebook page to get the
channel restored -- if not on 4 then on an alternate channel. Supporters of
the 40s channel have essentially hijacked the page for the past ten days,
and thousands of people have cancelled, called, and otherwise protested. Any
78-L SXM subscribers with views on the matter might feel free to add them.

Elizabeth