[78-L] Rock & Roll rising (was: Escott, was Arnold Covey)

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 14:23:17 PDT 2014

Sorry about that; make that publisher Hill & Range, not RCA.

 Subject: Re: [78-L] Rock & Roll rising (was: Escott, was Arnold Covey)
 To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
 Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 4:55 PM

 The story of Crudup waiting at the
 RCA offices to sign and FINALLY get royalties for his RCA
 recordings of the 1940s and '50s, only to find that RCA had
 changed its mind about paying him is heartbreaking.

 Crudup's story starts on page 27 of this link:
 http://www.pearsonhighered.com/assets/hip/us/hip_us_pearsonhighered/samplechapter/0205940706.pdf

 http://www.msbluestrail.org/blues-trail-markers/arthur-crudup

 I saw him perform once at Michigan State University in the
 very early 1970s, presented by the student organization
 Mariah, which put on LOTS of great shows in the 1970s.

 Gene

 On Wed, 3/19/14, Koen Kamphuijs & Gusta Harderwijk
 <koen at koenkamphuijs.nl>