[78-L] Rock & Roll rising (was: Escott, was Arnold Covey)

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 13:55:42 PDT 2014

The story of Crudup waiting at the RCA offices to sign and FINALLY get royalties for his RCA recordings of the 1940s and '50s, only to find that RCA had changed its mind about paying him is heartbreaking.

Crudup's story starts on page 27 of this link:
http://www.pearsonhighered.com/assets/hip/us/hip_us_pearsonhighered/samplechapter/0205940706.pdf

http://www.msbluestrail.org/blues-trail-markers/arthur-crudup

I saw him perform once at Michigan State University in the very early 1970s, presented by the student organization Mariah, which put on LOTS of great shows in the 1970s.

Gene