[78-L] Is it Polydor? Is it Decca?

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Tue Mar 4 09:39:12 PST 2014

There's more about the Ink Spots Japanese record here:
http://inkspots.ca/INK-SPOTS-78-RPM-RECORD-LABELS.htm

The Polydor A-series was Japanese, but usually had a five-digit number.
Rust lists a few 3-digit pre-war releases, one of which was also
released in the five-digit series, which would support the post-war
theory for the Ink Spots issue.

What we would need now is an image of a five-digit Japanese pre-war
A-series Polydor to see if there is Japanese writing on it.
Kristjan