[78-L] New lyrics to an old Ukrainian folk song

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sun Mar 2 15:50:23 PST 2014

This (with Jack Lawrence's original lyrics) was a hit for Dinah Shore,
Dorothy Carless and others in the early 1940's.

I've gotta be good or Daddy will scold me
Yes, yes, yes
I asked him and this is what he told me
Yes, yes, yes

Daddy, may I go out dancing?
            Yes, my darling daughter
Daddy, may I try romancing?
            Yes, my darling daughter
What if there's a moon, daddy darling, and it's shining on the water
Daddy, must I keep on dancing?
            Yes, my darling daughter
What if he'll propose, daddy darling, when the night is growing shorter?
Daddy, what should be my answer?
            Eh...easy now, my darling daughter

Oh daddy, oh daddy, oh daddy, oh daddy Vladimir

What if he should insist on one embrace, daddy,
How can I keep him in his place
If his manner becomes a shade improper?
            Tell him that your heart belongs to Daddy!

Daddy, will it be exciting?
            Yes, my darling daughter
Daddy, do I look inviting?
            Yes, my darling daughter
If he holds me tight, daddy darling, and my knees just turn to water
Daddy must I keep on dancing?
            Welll...I'd rather not, my darling daughter
What if he'll persist, daddy darling, doing things he hadn't oughta
Daddy, what should be my answer?
            No, my darling daughter!

---
Detta epostmeddelande innehåller inget virus eller annan skadlig kod för avast! antivirus är aktivt.