[78-L] Cartoon "Old Record" (Мульт фильм "Старая пластинка")

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Feb 22 22:46:48 PST 2014

Thanks for linking to this.  I have seen portions of this, but I don't
remember the whole thing. The title means Old Records. The performer was
Leonid Utesov, a singer, band leader, and film star so popular that his
career spanned from 1932 into the late 60s -- even during the Stalin
years.  The opening was one of his famous self-portraits.  He drew them
and gave them out freely when people asked for autographs.  The first
part was not necessarily a swipe at Western music because Soviet youth's
music was just as noisy!  It is just the adults hating their kid's
music.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com