[78-L] Cartoon "Old Record" (Мультфильм "Старая пластинка")

Eòin f jfleming63 at msn.com
Sat Feb 22 21:40:13 PST 2014

I only occasionally browse these discussions; this may have come up before. Responding to a discussion on people's social network postings about their inconsequential problems led me to reference Nat Wills which, in the roundabout way looking things up on the Internet works, led me to this cartoon from 1982: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcLJKeq0Ddc I suppose it was meant as late Cold War criticism of decadent Western music, although, ironically, the pieces about inconsequential problems, "No News" and "Tout va très bien" that led me to it (it includes the Russian version of the latter) were pretty decadent Western music in their own days. Does anyone know any more about this old cartoon?
Jim