[78-L] Eddie Cantor rap

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Mon Feb 10 14:14:32 PST 2014

A while back I mentioned that a segment of "The Big Show" from NBC had Eddie
Cantor doing a bit that was very rap-like.   I've finally had the time to
extract that bit and have it available at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2xigwfq402xzct/f5uBvt1Yku

When you click on the download button, you can just ask it to run (i.e.
play) so you don't have to save it.

This is from Vol.1 of the Radio Archives CD set of "The Big Show" and I must
say, I've been having a ball listening to it in the car.  Of course I am in
danger of being reported as a nut case if anyone notices how long and hard
I'm laughing as I drive.  I'm going to have to buy more of these sets.
Lots of old radio/entertainment stars and new, up and coming stars of the
50s with movie dramatizations, the comedy of course and music.  Meredith
Wilson is the band leader and it is hosted by Tallulah Bankhead.  One of the
best lines at her expense was when she scolded one of the stars who said,
"Don't lower your voice to me."  And to hear her sing is really an
experience.

Ron L