[78-L] Problem with very high energy incorporated into remastered 78s

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 4 08:49:37 PST 2014

As Dave Burnham has pointed out, there is a surprising amount of unexpected
information in many acousticals. Some labels were better at capturing bass,
such as OKeh. Years ago I bought a Fisher pre-amp and for some reason, possibly
by accident, tried one switch which said "tape head". This produced some
amazing lows on Stokowski's acousticals.

dl