[78-L] The Art of Playing the Tenor Banjo

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Jan 24 15:45:24 PST 2014

Back in 1926 The New York Academy Of Music came out with at least two
instrument learning methods on 78rpm records, one for Hawaiian Steel
Guitar and the other for Tenor Banjo. I have the complete set of
Hawaiian ones; I do not have any of the Tenor Banjo set, but I would
like to know more. How many 78s were issued in the set? There were14 in
the Hawaiian course (but possibly more). Who was the banjoist? The sg
set was Robert Yap.
And does anyone have the full set and the booklet? I'd really like to
see scans of the book.
Just curious.
Malcolm