[78-L] KEY BALONEY, was Choral key question

Don Cox doncox at enterprise.net
Fri Dec 20 07:12:54 PST 2013

On 19/12/2013, JD wrote:

> I'm not sure I expect to convince anyone who is a firm believer in the
> color or difference between keys. Some fallacies die hard but I had to
> say something or chance wearing out my teeth while gritting away.

My understanding is that there is no difference between keys if the
instrument is tuned to Equal Temperament, but that if a more
sophisticated tuning such as that used by the Bach family is employed,
then the keys do sound different.

Do choirs sing in equal temperament tuning ? Why should they ?

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox at enterprise.net