[78-L] KEY BALONEY, was Choral key question

Valerie Langfield rcq at minuet.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 15:23:17 PST 2013

Well, your definition of 'uninformed' clearly differs from mine. That's
OK. I can live with that. :)

Open strings - on any recording, listen to the 14th note of the tune in
the slow movement (the one with the surprise) of Haydn's 'Surprise'
symphony. That note is played on an open string and has a completely
different sound as a result. It doesn't take a particularly keen ear to
hear that.

Valerie Langfield

--
Dr Valerie Langfield