[78-L] Apple's new Amberol

Don Cox doncox at enterprise.net
Fri Dec 20 06:56:52 PST 2013

On 19/12/2013, Mike Harkin wrote:

> The Edison cylinder is still usable IF you have the right equipment,
> and know-how, to use it! Same for his vertical- and lateral-cut flat
> discs. In fact, the same for a lot of 'outdated' technology. Might the
> same not be true of this? I would expect so. Come back in 100
> years....

And visit a museum of the history of science and technology. They will
certainly have some hundred-year-old computers, if not this particular
model.

Babbage's computers are being diligently (re)constructed.

I agree that neither a cylinder nor an Apple Mac are useful to an
ordinary person.

Regards
--
Don Cox